This is like asking, ”How much does a car cost?” There is a pretty wide price range, depending on a number of factors.
So what are the factors that affect the price of an Automobile elevator?
- Weight Capacity- The weight of an Automobile Elevator starts at 6,000 lbs. and can go up to 20,000 lbs. A difference in the weight capacity has an effect on the end price.
- Platform size– Platform size can range from 120 sq./ft. for small cars to 240 sq./ft. for large cars.
- Cab Walls – Cab walls can be made of glass, painted steel, stainless steel or other materials.
- Drive system– Hydraulic drive systems and counter weight drive systems have different costs associated with them.
- Project location – If your building is in a remote location, you can expect to pay more to cover the cost. Some geographical areas such as NYC or LA demand higher price because of the high cost of doing business in those markets.
- Levels Served – Automobile elevators installed in a building can go from two stops to an unlimited number of floors (depending on the drive system). Each level requires a door, a call station, a controller configuration for that floor and a levelling system at each level. There will be an extra cost for each additional floor.
- Travel Height. Normally, Hydraulic Auto elevators can travel up to 40 feet. There is an additional cost associated with each foot of vertical travel. For over 40ft of travel, we recommend a different drive system be used rather then hydraulic.
- Cab Entrances. There are two styles of cabs;
- On/off same side (Style 1) or
- On/off opposite side (Style 2).
Style 2 cabs are the preferred style because the drive is always moving forward. Style two cost more because of additional door on the Elevator cab.
- Type of Elevator doors
- single section vertical bi- parting
- two section vertical bi-paring
- 3 section vertical bi-parting
- swing, horizontal sliding